Esh Church of England Aided Primary School is one of a family of 56 Church Schools in the Diocese of Durham. The School was founded in 1836 by Temple Chevallier who opened and helped to maintain it in the same building used to this day
The School admits pupils between the ages of 4 and 11 who are of the Christian or other faiths and at present there are more than 80 pupils in attendance. The School Motto is Everyone Smiles Here. The Head Teacher is Mr R. Ward and the School can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01913731324. The school has a website at http://www.esh.durham.sch.uk/home/
Esh C of E Primary School
Langley Park Primary School
Langley Park Primary School was opened in November 1910 as Langley Park Council and later Langley Park County School. This was a mixed school although girls and boys were taught separately in different parts of the building. An extension was opened in November 1952 which included a school hall, gymnasium and sports field and the school became the Langley Park Modern School.
After the arrival of Comprehensive Education pupils were transferred out of Langley Park. The school then became Langley Park Primary School after the closure of the old Infant school at Wood View (now Wood View Community Centre).
The school is one of the oldest Roman Catholic Primary Schools in the Dioceses established in 1795 and has a total of 169 pupils between the ages of 5 and 11 (information correct as of 2010). It is regularly named as one of the best primaries in the country and in 2007 was one of only six at which every pupil achieved level four in their key stage two SATs.